Sun, Mar 06|
SLIDE MOUNTAIN - CATSKILL 3500
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR BEGINNERS!!! Slide Mountain is the highest peak in the Catskill Mountains of the U.S. state of New York. It is located in the town of Shandaken in Ulster County
Time & Location
Mar 06, 2022, 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Ulster County, Catskill Mountains, Shandaken, NY 12464, USA
About the event
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR BEGINNERS!!!
TriState Hikers Inc is a Nonprofit Organization in NYC and our mission is to promote Mental Health Awareness through guided hikes,backpacking trips and overnight camping. We have recognized the need for more access to the outdoor for persons with limited resources and finances to escape the hectic city for a day of quiet in nature. Our weekly hikes are open to anyone who wishes to spend time in nature to heal and improve overall mental health.
- Time: 4am (Brooklyn meet up)
- Transportation: $45 (round trip)
- Meet up location: contact Ava
- Destination: Big Indian wilderness
- Trailhead: Slide Mountain Trailhead
- Hike begins: 8am
- Finish: 2pm
- Distance: 6.3 miled(out and back)
- Weather: winter condition (snow)too earl to predict
- TriState Hikers Waiver: Must be signed and returned
- Suggested Donation to TriState Hikers outdoor programs for children and Adult via PayPalfirstname.lastname@example.org
Winter peak for Catskill 3500
Slide mountain is the tallest mountain in the Catskills and the westernmost peak of the three-peak Burroughs range, Slide is traversed by the Wittenberg-Cornell-Slide Trail. Fantastic views are available from a number of ledges or openings around the peak, but the summit itself doesn’t have much of a view.
please indicate if you will be driving or using TriState hikers transportation.